Apparently, it has been a productive week! I took some close-up photos, too.
October 17: The bonnet is newborn size, the hats are really tiny keepsakes.
October 18: I cheated. The pink blanket was almost done before this project started. I just did the border and hat on the 18th. I have two very similar blue blankets, also already done, for which I should make hats.
October 19: Two 1 inch hats. Yep, that’s it. But it’s because I was working on the next set…
October 20: This dragonfly set. Love. More pictures, and pattern, here. If I were starting this project over, I might just make these in a bunch of colors. Maybe next year.
October 21: Fun with self-striping yarn!
October 22: I bought some 9 inch, size 8, circular knitting needles. I had no idea such a thing existed! These are preemie size hats knit from self-striping yarn. I want to make more!
October 23: Corner to corner knit blanket and two matching hats. The purple one is actually something Big A started on a knitting loom, but he lost interest quickly and it had been ignored for a couple months.
October 24: I know today isn’t done yet, but I put my morning’s work into the first picture and didn’t want to retake it after putting everything away. I started this last night and finished this morning. There is a very subtle garter stitch heart in the middle. I think it’s about a 20-week size.
One week left! Looking at my work from this week, I noticed something: pink.
Apparently I made three girly sets and one one boy set. Hmm. And the hats. I made 16 girly hats, 9 boy hats, and 6 neutral. And that’s counting the mostly yellow knit hat as a boy one.
I pulled out my other work, and found I have done six girl sets so far and only two boy sets. I think I might have to only allow myself to use blue and green yarn this week. I would like to try to finish the next 3 sizes of the bonnet pattern, too. I think I have them figured out.