“Mom, those mittens could probably win first place in an ugly mitten contest!”
I’m not arguing with him, but I love these mittens for several reasons.
- They helped me get over my fear of knitting mittens. (I’m still scared of socks, sweaters, and intarsia knitting.)
- They taught me how to knit two at a time in a magic loop. Cool!
- They used up most of an old skein of yarn which one of the kids begged me to buy (the same kid who made the comment above!)
- Making them provided some welcome distraction for my spring cold which is threatening to become spring bronchitis.
- They fit me perfectly
- They are warm
- The kids won’t take them. Hah!