I really felt like I needed to finish something today, so I set out this morning to finish my twin size stash-buster blanket. I have been trying to clean out my stash of long discontinued Baby Clouds yarn and a large dc blanket seemed like a good way to do it.
I had mostly been working on the blanket when we watched TV or movies. But, our TV routinely goes weeks without being turned on, so progress was pretty slow. I need to finish it before it gets too warm out for me to want to crochet with a huge blanket on my lap.
I had 14 rows left to go. I crocheted 2 rows and then decided to count how many stitches I had per row, because I had forgotten and I wanted to count down my remaining stitches. I count 117. There is no way I would ever start a blanket with 117 stitches unless the pattern specifically called for it. I counted the starting row: 110 stitches. Noooooo!
I spent the next few minutes counting stitches in different rows. Apparently I increased by 1 somewhere in the first half, by another somewhere in the 3rd quarter, and by 5 in the last 7 rows. 5 of those row I did while watching a movie, and trying to keep tracking of the very mobile baby, in a pretty dark room. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.
Little A (3 1/2) loved helping me pull out 7 rows (770+ stitches. Sob.) I have since crocheted another 5, corrected, rows and am back to 110 stitches across.
So, a couple hours spent crocheting 2 rows, pulling out 7 rows, and crocheting 5 rows means I am right back where I started this morning.
Maybe I’ll get it done tomorrow.