Way back in March, a friend asked me to crochet a griffon (griffin/gryphon) for his griffon-obsessed daughter. She likes pink and red and gold.
I was feeling lazy, so I decided to do it the easy way and just buy a pattern. It was big mistake. I started the project, but ended up putting it down and picking it up several times over the next few weeks before getting frustrated and giving up entirely.
Then I picked it up one more time and decided to finish it my way. It worked. But, it was smaller than I wanted. So I made the chick a Mommy (or Daddy. I’m not sure which griffon parent cares for the chicks.)
This is a pattern I will need to polish up some day.